IGNORED

Matching Original Paint Code

ea6driver

I'm currently doing a refresh of my engine compartment.  The original paint code number of the car is 510.  And the engine compartment has never been repainted (still has this original color #510).  There are areas inside the engine compartment that need some touching up/light rust repair, and I'm wondering what would be the best/easiest way to match this light blue color.  It would be nice if I could find a current rattle can brand that comes close to this original color.  Does anyone have any ideas/advice on how I might do this?

Z Paint Color Number 510.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to post a quick followup on the aerosol paint I purchased from the link posted above (Automotivetouchup.com).  I've now had a chance to refresh a few panels in my engine bay and frame rails, and I just wanted to report that the color match was excellent.  It was nearly a perfect match to the original color (#510 Sky Blue Metallic).  I couldn't be happier.  I'm sure that trying to match the color on an exterior panel would be considerably more challenging, but for the engine bay it was a very acceptable solution.  Thank you "S30Driver" for the recommendation!

• Like 3