IGNORED

Electrolabs 72 240z build

Electrolabs

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few updates while I'm waiting for the z to get back from paint.

R200 refurbished with new seals and fresh paint. Painted hood hinges and a few misc. parts.

Got my tank from gas tank exchange (local gas tank restore business)

0qtuznmB_VxLJ_74BSrlbi8Uwe_Rl28K2KCfH062

rfr86q2fScqwqWupStGkRQ2IrygkPQPL0XBcD-dt

aZRQvOmVny23ThTeDXg1upMQJXoSjfJy8tTIUYeO

Edited by Electrolabs
  • Like 2

Oh wow, that's looking great.  Very similar to what I'm doing on my car..l. Xenon front air dam and the 240z bumpers.  I'm looking at getting a set of Rota RKRs, the Watanabe's are a bit out of my price range.

Where are you getting it painted?  I'm also in Toronto and looking for a shop.  Thx

13 minutes ago, Electrolabs said:

Thanks, I actually have a nice set of 15x7 watanabe's that I plan on using ?

Body shop is called rt_auto11, you can look them up on instagram. They are located in Scarborough near 401 and Kennedy.

quSgsnd8e9aaOkwG2X09hAMiTsb2nhe1IRX6Ebmb

Nice set of wheels!

Thanks for the body shop name,  I'm also located in Scarbs so this works out for me.  

• 2 months later...

It's been a while since my last post. I finally got the Z back mid January and made some progress.

IMG-20200114-WA0007 (1).jpgIMG-20200114-WA0006 (1).jpgIMG-20200114-WA0004 (1).jpgIMG-20200113-WA0003 (1).jpgIMG-20200114-WA0002 (1).jpgIMG-20200114-WA0003 (1).jpgIMG-20200113-WA0004 (1).jpgIMG-20200113-WA0001 (1).jpg

Brake lines complete and suspension installed

zwFQ6Nx9vFdhVOKZxgeTZG9KerRgqOj28aXzHvA7

Engine bay harness installed. I still have to figure out the engine bay relay's as they did not come with the car for some reason.

NTignuWeytzSIfQZtkVCEL7eRO-qJxnntdDH4xYe

Trying out this new window gasket from Spaenaur #825-065 as my Z did not have any of those "S" clips that attach to the OEM fender rubber seals.

vrRyeEBgfDLpc31XyrXaWk1H9nESRz3yuavFIdzS

I decided to go with wider Watanabe's 15X9 -13 rear and 15x8.5 -6 front and run the marugen shoukai fender flares as I'm not happy how my rear quarter panels ended up. The painter messed up the body line and the inner lip of the rear quarter is full of filler.

EWaM_-by9cAtUodn46nX8orj4pJzz2ciIsIE69f0

IMG-20200113-WA0002 (1).jpg

Edited by Electrolabs
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Just a follow up on my build

I had @grannyknot over today helping install the L28 and the install went great despite spending most of the time looking for the correct hardware ? thanks for your patience @grannyknot

Looks like I will need to purchase a new pertronix igniter kit as some how the previous owner decided to cut the main wires that feed the igniter. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just another quick update.

The Z is almost on the road, I had few minor electrical issues and I'm currently waiting for a new brake master vac.

My new seats finally came in from Japan after waiting almost 2 months due to Covid-19.

20200609_215608_HDR.jpg

• Like 3