IGNORED

280Z in the Netherlands

2-8E-Z

So now that our Z is almost finished, I thought I would finally join! My 19 year old son bought the car as a learning project that we could work on together with  his 17 year old brother and their friends. The project has taken almost 3 years now and we are always just one repair away from having it completed. We bought the '75 280Z  in Charlotte NC and it came with the original engine and a 5 speed. We imported it to the Netherlands where we live and started the restoration project. Now we almost have it on the road and are just working the kinks out of it. Latest problem has been a stumbling and missing when it starts warming up which has almost left me stranded. Still need to finish wet sanding and buffing the paint, then we can start enjoying the car. Oh wait, winter is almost here, so we will finish it just in time to park it for a few months!

• Like 4

jfa.series1, Wish I would have joined a long time ago! Sorry for keeping it a secret. I would stalk everyones posts for info, but never took the time to sign up. Always been kind of a wall flower, so I find it hard to step out on the dance floor. ?

Welcom, we all want to see some pic's of your (almost) finished car!

If your interested in some 240z bumpers i'n in the town of Gennep near you!  I think i'm one on the few that have 4 sets of bumpers left for a 240/260z and they look also nice on a 280z!  I've got a 240z and i'm restoring a 280zx slick roof, first euro edition..1979.. it's in the zx section here!

Greetings, Mart.

We then moved on to the engine bay. We never pulled the engine, but managed to paint it in place. Later we supported the engine and pulled the front suspension and did a full restoration of that as well. The one thing I still hope to restore is the tranny. I hope to pull it and replace the seals and get it properly cleaned up so it isn't such a sore thumb when you crawl under the car.

IMG_20180728_135301.jpg

IMG_20180728_155650.jpg

IMG_20180728_165351.jpg

IMG_20180816_094646.jpg

IMG-20180806-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180224-WA0005.jpg

IMG_20180906_114925.jpg

I'll add some of my favorite pics showing some of what we tackled. We welded up our own exhaust from stainless tubing. Great way to learn how to TIG! Both boys have learned so much through all the trials of putting this back together.

Ruben Exhaust.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 11/26/2019 at 11:24 AM, 2-8E-Z said:

never took the time to sign up. Always been kind of a wall flower

Hey Wallflower?  Is the car now finished or sold and busy with the next project?  Let us know!  🙂 

BTW.. the exhaust at the last pic.. you say you made the exhaust yourself. also the damper? what kind of damping material did you use in the damper?

• Like 1