IGNORED

Front bumper reinf

Dkulka

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:10 AM, Zup said:

To clarify--

The 73 240z did not have shock absorbers incorporated into the bumper support mounts---that actually came late in 74.5 260z

To clarify--

Nuh-uh.  LOL    The bumper shocks started in EARLY 74. My thin bumpered early 260 had the shocks.

8 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Haha!! Glad to help.

I only even know that because I modified the shocks from my old 260 to allow the new owner @GGRIII to customize the bumper depth.

And I think I can clarify even more.  I believe that on my early 260 the bumper stuck out further than on the car pictured. I say this because the rubber piece that bolts on the bumper in the middle is wider on my car. Given that those nuts are almost impossible to get off without snapping them (on east coast cars anyway) I'd guess that the middle rubber bumper piece has always been attached so it is pre early 74.    But shouldn't there be bumper guards...  Not impossible to find solid rubber ones like on my 260.