Website help needed - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Website help needed

Featured Replies

I'm posting this here because I've tried to get Mike's help with no results. Apparently something happened along the way to wizz off the website or server and it keeps asking me for a new email address because the one I used to create my login here has had some kind of mail issues. My mail server spam settings have been reset but this site still asks for a different email address - which I don't have. And I can't access my profile info to see what can be done to change it. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution -- other than creating a new email address just for this site? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Did you try the Support link?  It used to be on the forums page but looks like Mike moved it to its own special place.  @Mike

https://www.classiczcars.com/support/

Yep - tried it.

I put one in for you and Mike replied.  He's on it...

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Hi @NVZEE, apologies for the delay I've been spending time with family this morning.  I'm looking at it now.

As far as the email thing, the system automatically locks your account if the email address comes back with an error (or bounce).  This is likely what happened.  I'll respond to your tickets now.  But, all looks good because you're posting now...  ?

Mike

@Mike, While you're looking at such things... I used to get email notifications for things certain things (like if someone sent me a PM). I'm not getting those email notifications anymore and I can't figure out why. I took a look at my profile and everything looks in order.

Last time I remember getting a notification was two or three weeks ago? Did something change then?

4 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

@Mike, While you're looking at such things... I used to get email notifications for things certain things (like if someone sent me a PM). I'm not getting those email notifications anymore and I can't figure out why. I took a look at my profile and everything looks in order.

Last time I remember getting a notification was two or three weeks ago? Did something change then?

I'll send you a message from the admin panel to see if emails start coming through again.  Look for it in a few minutes.

m

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.