IGNORED

"The Orange"

motorman7

Got the head back. Also installed it this evening.   The shop put in two heli-coils in the location where the 'wood screws' were installed.  Apparently the Easyouts broke off and were stuck in the head in these two outer exhaust manifold locations.  The shop removed them and installed the helicoils in the two spots.  Nice work!

DSCF8833.JPG

DSCF8830.JPG

Edited by motorman7

On 12/15/2019 at 7:40 AM, TMagda said:

Having a lot of fun watching this resto. Moving along nicely. Motor looks amazing.

Thanks!  Here are a couple more engine shots.  Got the oil pan cleaned up and installed, adjusted the valves and buttoned her up with a nice stock valve cover.

Will get back to the suspension and brakes here.  Drums and rotors are back from the machine shop and ready to install after a little clean-uo

DSCF8847.JPG

DSCF8850.JPG

DSCF8851.JPG

DSCF8854.JPG

DSCF8855.JPG

DSCF8858.JPG

DSCF8859.JPG

DSCF8862.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

The weather here has been a bit cold and rainy, so haven't done much on the car this last week.  Plus with the Holidays, it was nice to take a  break and enjoy time with family.

Cleaned up the distributor and installed that.  We should have a bit of sunshine this weekend, so hopefully can get some more stuff cleaned up.

DSCF8867.JPG

DSCF8870.JPG

DSCF8871.JPG

• Like 1

Finished up the front and rear struts this weekend.  Cleaned up the rear drums and painted with high temp flat aluminum.  Also cleaned up the front hubs and discs.  Cleaned out the front wheel bearings and packed them with new grease.  Assembled the front hubs, disc and calipers to the struts.  Will wrap these and set them aside for now.  Will probably  start the steering rack next.  Still about 4 months before the body is finished and painted.  Pics are below.

DSCF8884.JPG

DSCF8876.JPG

DSCF8878.JPG

DSCF8879.JPG

DSCF8880.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

One of these days I would like to hire you to do a Z for me.

I could possibly someday.  I often think about quitting my day job and doing this full time.  But then again,  I think that if it were my day job, then I might not enjoy it as much.  It's nice doing this on the side at my leisure.

• Like 1

Loosely assembled some of the suspension parts.  Finished the steering rack clean-up and attached that to the front suspension/engine support.  Loosely installed most of the new suspension rubber.   Now I just need a body to attach these to, but I think that is going to be about 4 months from now.

DSCF8892.JPG

DSCF8899.JPG

DSCF8897.JPG

DSCF8898.JPG

DSCF8896.JPG

DSCF8904.JPG

DSCF8906.JPG

DSCF8902.JPG

DSCF8904.JPG

DSCF8906.JPG

DSCF8888.JPG

DSCF8889.JPG