IGNORED

10-4 It's National CB Radio Day!

psdenno

Breaker Breaker.  Anyone have a CB radio in their Z last century?  Or was I the only one?  Those were the days, Good Buddy.  Mounted it under the glove box and the antenna was attached to the rear window louvers before I upgraded to a magnetic base antenna.  Catch you on the flip side.

Dennis

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 12:10 PM, psdenno said:
Breaker Breaker.  Anyone have a CB radio in their Z last century?  Or was I the only one?  Those were the days, Good Buddy.  Mounted it under the glove box and the antenna was attached to the rear window louvers before I upgraded to a magnetic base antenna.  Catch you on the flip side.
Dennis

I actually paid an extra $500 in 1977 for a dealer installed Hitachi AM-FM-CB-CASSETTE unit that worked flawlessly for the 4 years I had my 280Z. An adaptor was placed on the OEM electric antenna so it would work for the CB signal as well. Very slick set up!! That was a bunch of money in relation to the $8,000 I paid for the ZAP but I loved it and used it continuously, shifting from talking to 18 wheelers to listening to the recently released Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Miss those days!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Edited by dmorales-bello
  • Like 2

When I moved from New Jersey to Texas in 1977 my brother gave me his CB for the drive down. When I bought my Z 2 years later I installed it behind the passenger seat. The P.O. must have had one, because there was an antenna mount on the rear bumper. I was more into listening to the truckers than talking. I removed it many years ago and replaced it with a CD Changer (another obsolete item). I still have the CB in the basement somewhere. Might be useful after civilization collapses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1