IGNORED

Frame Rails and Floor Pans

z32 fairlady

Current feedback requested. Including some pictures for additional review and feedback.  It may be best do the floor pans as we're already addressing the rails.  Bad Dog's seem to be more beefy and I am wondering of there'd be any concern with material type/size using the Bad Dog rails with floor pans from elsewhere. And only the front frame rail is/was damaged.  But comtemplating do the rear as well.  The passenger side is also worse off than the driver side.  However, contemplating doing driver side as well.

I am aware of other outlets (Datsun Z Parts, MSA, Z Car Depot, etc). Considering the timeline of the posts of now closed threads, how relevant is the information contained within or are there any other recommendations or feedback?

Is this overkill? Keep my sanity in check. TIA for the responses.

Driver_Floorpan.jpg

Pass_Floorpan.jpg

Pass_FR01.jpg

Pass_FR02.jpg

No problem with welding heavier sheet metal to thinner. I prefer welding thick to thin than thin to thin. I'd remove both floor pan frame rails first and assess the damage to the floor pans. The welded repairs in pics #3 & 4 suck.Those welds will need to be removed and redone properly. Remove the undercoat and rust from those ares and you'll have a better idea of what you'll want to do.

• Like 2

You can weld the BD rails on by them selves or over top of new stock rails, Zedd Findings floor pans and rails work perfectly with BD products.  Like Mark said, you will need to scrape and grind those shitty welds to find out just how bad they are then repair those repairs.  There are lots of welders here if you get stuck and need some advice.  From below the floor pans look pretty good.

You can weld Zedd Findings over the factory rails BUT that doesn't deal with the rust inside the factory rails. The rails are frequently rust pitted on the inside almost to the point of total penetration and the outsides will look pretty good. Off with them.

• Like 2