IGNORED

Stupid Question - Gas

chickenlady

Dad has moved to assisted living and left me to deal with his baby (79 280ZX black w/gold trim, 54,000, yes 54,000 miles) never been housed outside, always had a cover inside) I am trying to sell it and have found a good, local, potential buyer ($27,000). He is coming by this weekend to take it for a test drive. I am going to replace the battery....it has been sitting for years without regular driving, battery is weak. I also need to add gas to it. I don't know anything about it other than it should take leaded gas! What do I add to the unleaded gas to make it run better. I was told there was an additive that can be added. Please help! I know nothing about cars.

Chickenlady

20190802_164003.jpg

For fuel, fill it with a name brand gas station fuel.  Regular is what the car runs on, no advantage in using another higher octane grade other than if non-ethanol fuel is available in your area,  Add a bottle of gas line antifreeze / water absorber to eliminate any moisture - water in the fuel tank from sitting for extended periods.

The car really needs to be driven to restore its driveability and performance.   The potential buyer should understand that.

Nice looking car,  my favorite - original & unrestored.   Best of luck with sale!

• Thanks 1