IGNORED

Tips/tricks for removing windshield

I did a little write up on this a while back.  It is about 2/3 of the way down on the first page of the link below.

9 hours ago, nix240z said:

lube up the gasket with wd40....

Personally, I would not use wd40....you want something that evaporates.  For what it is worth, Windex is my best friend with all this stuff, especially for putting in the metal strips.  It is nice and slippery and then evaporates.  Also good for assembling hose onto metal tubes.

• Like 3

I use the lube from Precision, this is the third car I have used it on and still have more than half left, another benefit of the monofiliment  is with a bit of pressure you can just roll it into the chanel , just popped in the rear glass the this afternoon and will do the windshield tomorrow.

IMG_0136.JPGIMG_0137.JPGIMG_0135.JPG

• Like 2

I haven’t had much luck because I’ve messed with Nevada , Arizona cars where the rubber seal is now hard rock. Nearly impossible to cut with a cutter knife- at least the outside part. I couldn’t imagine any rope trick would touch the last one I did. Any delaminating gives way to cracks . If you manage to save the glass on removal, don’t guarantee you haven’t weakened the glass. 

I do have some success stories, but I lost the last two on removal.