IGNORED

HVAC duct hose-78 280Z

One Way

On 6/18/2019 at 9:55 PM, One Way said:

Thanks for the great replies.  Did a bit of parts research and have come up with some GATES # at a much better price than the Dorman or Dayco.  Gates #23832 is the 2".  Gates # 23820 is the 1-1/4".  I should have those by this Friday and will keep everybody posted about the GATES duct hoses.  The pictures and descriptions do not give any details except the I.D. and the 6 ft length they come in.  About 1/3 the price of the other suppliers.  DAYCO does list the #80165 as 1-1/4 I.D.  Thanks again, John-Lugoff, SC.

I used the same Gates hose as you did, which I purchased at O'Reilly.  They were the only store willing to order this.  It came in a 6 foot length, which was perfect.  My car also had the plastic elbows with the small outlet on the bottom.  They had a roll of rotted foam where they were connected to the diverter box, and the small outlets were covered with a rubber cap that looked factory.  Since these elbows didn't seem necessary, I connected the flex hose directly to the diverter box without using them.  It does seem curious to me why they would manufacture and install these parts with no function.

Thanks for the good word about my employer, O'Reilly Auto Parts.  Our "NEVER SAY NO" attitude is promoted quite heavily by corporate management and we do our best at the front lines of the local O'Reilly parts counter to help out with those kind of strange parts needs that do not simply pop up on the parts catalog screen.  Having a part # to work with is a HUGE help for both the rookie counter team member as well as for the more experienced counter team member who most likely will not have adequate time to research in finding the part# and be able to source it for the customer.  I am the assistant manager at our local O'Reilly Auto Parts store and really enjoy helping people out with their not the usual run of the mill parts needs-brakes, spark plugs, filters, etc.-and really appreciate the customers who have done some homework on their own before coming in. The not so common parts are usually available through O'Reilly but sometimes the part # is the most difficult to find.  Thanks again-John-Lugoff, SC.

John, I had no idea you worked for O'Reilly.  All the other stores (the usual suspects) I called on this hose just said "We don't sell that", or "What is that?".  The lady that answered the phone at O'Reilly said "I'll order that for you and it will be here tomorrow.  And, you don't have to buy it if it's not what you want".  So, I was very happy with the parts and service I received.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 12:20 PM, captahole said:

What is part #3? I seem to be missing that

I found part 3 on eBay. Installed it on the car. I used 1 1/2 tube to connect it to the splitter. Its a air vent and its pretty cool little design. A 1 1/4 would probably bet a better fit if you don't want to use hose clamps.

• 3 years later...

I bought the Dayco 80165 hose based on this thread, however it doesn't fit the pass vent or either of the elbows - those are all approx 1.4" OD. The DS vent is slightly smaller ID for some reason - I was able to stretch the 1.25" Dayco hose over it, but no way it's gonna fit the other positions. EDIT - ordered Dorman 96030 1.5" hose to try

PXL_20230920_224606337.jpg

PXL_20230923_172752951.jpg

Edited by HusseinHolland
  • Sad 1