IGNORED

Random Misfire while cruising

• 2 months later...

Can someone elaborate in the correct and safe procedure to remove the cylinder head and replace the broken or torn valve seals on cylinder 4? I watch a video on youtube of a guy inserting a rope inside cylinder 4 and a special tool to decompress the retainer spring. I guess its.better to remove the complete head. Also which gaskets will i need to replace?

20201029_165526.jpg

IMG-20210120-WA0145.jpeg

IMG-20210120-WA0147.jpg

IMG-20210120-WA0153.jpg

I don't see the need to remove the head. Either way you'll have to come up with a valve spring compressor. IF, the compression is satisfactory in all cylinders, leave the head on. Removing it may open a Pandora's Box of broken bolts and studs. The rope in the cylinder and the lever action spring compressor is the easiest method of changing the seals. Watch several different videos until you can't find anything else to learn and then go for it. That's what I do.

• Like 2

Thanks, but No Thanks. I waded into the corporate world of banking and manufacturing when I was younger. I started to run into superiors? that asked me for a loyalty oath. That told me all I needed to know. Long story short, I found that creating something with my mind and hands, as well as treating others as US rather than THEM , to be far more satisfying than chasing money and power.

• Like 3

Wow, you're good. Check printing, credit card embossing along with all the paperwork that banks used back then. Curiously, later on as I tried other occupations, I ran into that same loyalty oath in the upper management. That was one of the things in my life that drove me to study Behavioral Psychology. I found the answers to a lot of "Abby Normal" behavior there.

• Like 1