IGNORED

Handling quirk

Sunline

Just got my Z back from the shop where many, many things were addressed; new engine mounts, struts, springs, differential mount among others.  Wheels are new 16” Panasports with Continental Extreme Contact 205’s which where road force balanced. It exhibits a strange handling quirk which I am trying to diagnose. When I let off the gas it will veer slightly to the right and when I apply the gas it will veer slightly to the left.  Has anybody experienced this or have any idea what may be causing this?

Edited by Sunline
Spelling

20 minutes ago, Patcon said:

I suspect something in the rear end isn't tight and the rear suspension is moving slightly depending on push or pull!

I think you are on to something! I plan to bring it back for evaluation. Hope to find an answer 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 10:00 PM, Persimmon240 said:

How about checking the rear control arm bushings? One side could be bad, allowing some "toe" changes on accel and decel.

Definitely seems like it is related to looseness in the rear suspension somewhere.