IGNORED

Early 2+2's

Zedrally

Here's a picture of the 2/2 badge.

I have that exact same magazine alfa it's not a great article but the 432 article is what I like about it :classic: .

Hey ZedRally do you have the original 5 piece Gnose or a fibreglass copy??

I'm trying to get my grubby hands on an original one :classic: .

post-1316-14150792549234_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I actually haven't got around to reading that article yet. Should be good!!! I have read the article on the page before it though, well, ok I didn't read it, but I looked at the pictures!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

(only those who have the magazine will understand what I'm talking about here...)

Yeah I understand alright. I tried to read about the Holden Statesmen cause it's so damn ugly (seen on front cover below 260z 2+2 Gnose). I felt that they were being harsh on the little Z there was a number of critisisms about it. So I thought I'd see what they thought of that ugly unit and couldn't find much bad about it and we all know here in AUS how bad those old holdens are :classic: .

But got sick of the article really quick and the other problem is that the articles skip heaps of pages and then continue at the end of the mag????....

The write up on the 432 is cool and the read about the celica's is funny cause I hate those celica's I see them as the Z's rival and can't see why anyone would pick such a car over a Z back then.

But yeah the mag is a bit ordinary if not for the Z's I wouldn't read it.

Originally posted by Gav240z

Hey ZedRally do you have the original 5 piece Gnose or a fibreglass copy??

I'm trying to get my grubby hands on an original one :classic: .

No it's not original but a 3 or 5 piece fibreglass copy [can't remember how pieces we loaded now, its too long ago]!

Original, well this is an interesting point as I was advised by a friend in the"know " that the actual originals where sheet metal and not fibreglass as many of us think!

So what's original, the sheetmetal version or the copy of the original!

The mind once agin boggles over the countless minor differences Nissan introduced!

Originally posted by HS30-H

There was no such thing as a "ZGRS-30" VIN - so we better be careful that Mike's dream car doesn't get written into the history books as something that was ever officially produced!

Alan T.

Oh, c 'on Alan,

Don't take my one and only chance of glory away from me!

To have the one & only ZGRS-30 is now my life's ambition!

Mike

Originally posted by Zedrally

well this is an interesting point as I was advised by a friend in the"know " that the actual originals where sheet metal and not fibreglass as many of us think!So what's original, the sheetmetal version or the copy of the original!

Mike, please ask your friend what on earth he has been drinking. If he thinks that the genuine G-noses, or any prototype or race-version thereof was sheetmetal then I'm not sure what I can do or say to convince him otherwise. The poor man must have been seriously misinformed, or eats far too much cheese before he goes to sleep. Sorry, but this will not wash.

There's a danger with these cars and their history ( and the large holes therein ) that anybody can say anything and it might get taken for the truth, or at least not proved to be untrue. You can ignore what I say if you like, but I want to state most forcefully that this story is NOT true.

Blimey, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that. I'm going to have to have a little lie down now.

Alan T.

Originally posted by Zedrally

Oh, c 'on Alan, Don't take my one and only chance of glory away from me!To have the one & only ZGRS-30 is now my life's ambition! Mike

OK Mike, you can have the new VIN prefix if you like - but PLEASE, no more sheetmetal G-nose stories.

I'm already on happy pills as it is.

Alan T.

( don't suppose your mate can back up that sheetmetal G-nose story can he? That might cheer me up a little ).

I suppose a story like this has the ability to raise one's blood pressure.

Alan, if you don't want the Bex, can I suggest some other type of Aspirin to ease the pain associated with these events!

As I wrote last I may had mis-heard him, [i'm pretty deaf on the LHS now-a-days]

and it was a pub crawl home with trailer in tow, but I didn't think that a clagger like this would bring you to your knees begging!