IGNORED

Who owns Z Garage on Geocities?

Mike

Does anyone know who owns (created) the small website on GeoCities called "The Z Garage?"

The code hasn't been touched in a long time and a few links are broken. I can also see it has bandwidth limitations and can't access some of the pages at times.

I'd love to host that information here so we never lose it. That info is priceless.

-- M

http://www.geocities.com/zgarage2001/engine.html

Bryan Little was the one who did it all if I'm not mistaken...

Geez, it was just last week I was reading some info on there... hope it isn't lost forever....:disappoin

There are link to that site on the Datsun Garage site.. maybe he would be able to tell you how to contact him and perhaps he'd let us host it for him?:ermm:

Hey Mike,

I thought I introduce myself. I just became a member of this club a couple days ago and love it. Wish I found it sooner. How long has the club been on the web?

I also went to the site you are inquiring about a few minutes ago to see if it wasn't still working, but it worked fine for me. I didn't check every link on the site but the ones I did worked. I agree though, it would be a shame to lose that info.

Originally posted by GTZZZ

I thought I introduce myself. I just became a member of this club a couple days ago and love it. Wish I found it sooner. How long has the club been on the web?

We've been around since 1994 (in one form or another). We started out as just a mailing list, then a web-page, and eventually became what you see today. It's been fun to say the least!!

I have just pulled everything off this site (html, all links, all images, etc). The html has to be cleaned up a bit as there are references to Geocities still which cause the little popup to still appear but at least the info will not be lost now. I will clean up the html and ditch all the references to Geocities. If you would like this I can zip it and provide it to you (unzipped it is a whopping 1.3x meg); but you will have to contact me as I may not keep up with this post.

Originally posted by texasz

I have just pulled everything off this site (html, all links, all images, etc). The html has to be cleaned up a bit as there are references to Geocities still which cause the little popup to still appear but at least the info will not be lost now. I will clean up the html and ditch all the references to Geocities. If you would like this I can zip it and provide it to you (unzipped it is a whopping 1.3x meg); but you will have to contact me as I may not keep up with this post.

Excellent! We should also grab the images as well. I'm hoping that the site doesn't die, but, the info is valuable to anyone with a Z. It would be a shame to see it lost. Glad we have a copy!!

While it's a great idea preserving all of that work I would suggest trying to get permission from the author before making edits and posting it all here. I can't imagine that he'd have a problem with all of his hard work being appreciated but it would still be a good idea. He may even come on board and provide some updates ...