IGNORED

1976 280z engine runs rough then dies, will not idle.

mbz

14 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I shine pretty well in this thread.  Your appearance is up to you.  I didn't quote you so it's gone once you edit.  Your call... 

Zed, I just blocked you. Goodnight.

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

That's unfortunate, as you just blocked one of the more helpful and intuitive people on the forum

Pat, he's been harassing me throughout this whole thread and has not been very helpful at all.

I tried to end this thread on a positive note, despite that fact that it got very, very sideways because of my ignorance.

I thanked everyone for their help and closed out the thread nice and clean.

But ZH just had to come back and make unnecessary comments and steer the thread straight into a wall.

He didn't need to enter those last comments, but like he said..... he just couldn't resist.

And then when he gets some push-back from me, he gets upset.

Seems like he can dish it out but can't take it in return.

So I was the bigger man and took down my comments because I can see that it upset him and he did not find it funny.

But then he just keeps on going, trying to rile up a confrontation.

Very petty and has absolutely nothing to do with fixing cars.

Some people don't know when to quit.

So again......

I'm going to try and close this thread out on a positive note and say thank you to everyone for their help and insights, I truly appreciate it.

I'm sure I'll have more questions for you guys once I get into repairing / restoring other parts of this car.

Thanks to you all, another old Z is back on the road and I'm enjoying having a Z car back in my garage after a long 27 year wait.

Thank you!

Edited by mbz
edited for clarity and to express gratitude.
  • Like 2

Thanks Patcon.  I was just pointing out that the answer to the problem was there over a month ago.  I thought I might get a "haha" back.  Maybe the realization was irritating.  "Haterade" was off-track, and a mistake.  That's the main problem with the internet, it records everything.  Easy to go back and see what's what.

Anyway, another Z survives...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Thanks Patcon.  I was just pointing out that the answer to the problem was there over a month ago.  I thought I might get a "haha" back.  Maybe the realization was irritating.  "Haterade" was off-track, and a mistake.  That's the main problem with the internet, it records everything.  Easy to go back and see what's what.

Anyway, another Z survives...

You just can't help yourself, stay off my threads Zed.... we had an understanding.

mbz, you're not getting the internet.  Like you've just found it.  You had a misunderstanding.  Go ahead and put your "Haterade" cartoon back up.  I left the thread on a calm note, you have the stir stick.

Carry on.  It's good entertainment.

Edit - just realized something.  It's not "your thread".  We all share here.  It's everybody's thread.  

Edited by Zed Head

OK guys.... one last time.

All good threads must come to an end.... even though this thread was not so good, it's time has come.

The issue is fixed and DaveWM gets the kudos for figuring it out. (Dave "Z Oracle")! ??

Thank you for your methodical approach and patience while this got sorted out.

The issue was the cable from the bullet connectors to the Water Temperature Sensor connector. (not the WTS itself).

A $6 replacement cable from AutoZone fixed the issue and the car is running better than ever!

Thanks again everyone for your help!

Much appreciated and I'll reach out next time I need expert advice!

IMG_1947.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, siteunseen said:

so you actually got the "chicken dinner".  LOL

Well, I did drive her up to the burger spot that she died at last time..... so sweeeeeeet. (except for that bouncy worn out suspension). ?