IGNORED

1978 280z what is this Filter Looking in fuel line?

cclxxxz

Hello,

I have a 1978 280z and i noticed this filter looking mounted underneath the car by the fuel pump.. when i disconnect the lines nothing comes out .. and the filter looks brand spanking new and it seems like nothing is going through it.. the filter doesnt look OEM but the mounting points look OEM..

B1C4861F-FCE0-401B-AD93-AC5CEE6D1192.jpeg

Figure out where the line is connected.  There is a supply line, a return line, and a vent line.  The filter looks like it is on a smaller line than the one next to it.  It might be on the vent line.  p.s. you have too many threads going on too many different forums for me.  Too chaotic and unfocused.  Good luck.

Edited by Zed Head

13 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

I think that spot usually holds this black filter looking thing, but from what I remember it is some kind of pulse damper that smoothes out the flow of gas.

IMG_1497.JPG

ill make some calls and see if i can get that same one.. thank you

30 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

But this where @Captain Obvious jumps in and sets us both straight, most of my 280z knowledge comes directly from Bruce.

so is it normal that nothing leaks when i disconnect the lines of the filter i showed? also why is it mounted in the rear if its a pulse damper?

and i cant to seem to find who sells this item.. can i just remove it? or leave it alone?

Edited by cclxxxz