IGNORED

How do you wire up New ign Relay?

Familyz

Hey what's up everyone I am the proud new owner of a 76 280z 2+2 I have gotten to the point where I removed the old ignition relay and it is bad. I have some relays laying around but no clue how to wire it up. I have searched and found 2 threads that show them but just of the finished product or just the relay with wires but not how to wire it up. just really need to see what wire goes to what pin. thanks

Edited by Familyz

The BE chapter has several schematics that should let you figure out what's what.  I think that it's essentially just two 4 pin relays in the same box.

I couldn't find a single picture that showed every pin, but here's one that shows one side.  You other option is to just take the old one apart and copy it.

image.png

image.png

• Haha 1

@Familyz - your location - wouldn't it have been easier to say "Miami FL" instead of directing to an actual address? This is the internet, and, these pages are public....

As far as your relay, all I can offer is that if you do get a replacement, make sure it is grounded when you turn the key. Don't be holding that sucker in your hand. Don't ask how I know.....

Wayne

• Like 1

@Familyz - a side note about the "@" usage - you actually have to select the user name that pops up... sometimes just typing in a few letters will narrow down your choices...

As far as the location map goes - it appears I'm living in a ditch right close to a runway on Oceana Master Jet Base.... I mean, I love the sound of freedom and all, but sheesh.

image.png

• Haha 1

Here is how a relay works. https://fiddlingwithzcars.wordpress.com/2012/12/22/relays-simplified/

If you don't understand the wiring enough to make your own, I can make a plug & play double socket relay for your car for $50. It won't look the same as stock, but it will work, and if one of the relays fails down the line, you can replace it inexpensively.

• 10 months later...

The relay (CB1F-D-WM-24V ) is an electrical control device. When the change of the input quantity (excitation quantity) reaches the specified requirements, the controlled quantity will undergo a predetermined step change in the electrical output circuit. Appliances. It has an interactive relationship between the control system (also known as the input loop) and the controlled system (also known as the output loop). Usually used in automated control circuits, it is actually an "automatic switch" that uses small currents to control high current operations. Therefore, it plays the role of automatic adjustment, safety protection, and conversion circuit in the circuit.

• Like 1