IGNORED

Hey everyone! New member, looking for a Z...

matthewkylelewis

On 2/11/2019 at 4:19 PM, matthewkylelewis said:

Hi guys, 

..snipped..cjb.. . "My goal is to build a track capable car that can still be daily driven on occasion." 

and...snipped.cjb..  "Looking to stick with the older Z just for the look of the body. "

Hi Kyle - welcome to the group.

No question in my mind - a 240Z can be daily driven and easily set up for the occasional Track Days and weekend Autocross.  As far as being competitive in todays Sports Car racing …I think Greg Ira has done pretty well these past few years if you ever plan to go all out Racing. 

Best advice is take your time shopping, looking, shopping.  Look for the cleanest, most rust free body you can find, that hasn’t been hacked up by some PO.  I would expect to spend $20K to $25K today for really good 240Z. Pay the money up front for a good one - it is always the least expensive way to go.

Everything mechanical on the 240Z’s is easy to fix. Add a set of good shocks, coil-overs, proper anti-sway bar or bars - great wheel/tires sets (one for street use, another for Track Days/Auto-X). A good engine and drive train… and the Z’s capabilities well far exceed your driving ability for several years. Plus you’ll have a really beautiful Classic to drive and enjoy every day.