IGNORED

My Throttle Cable Conversion

Captain Obvious

11 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I did a couple different iterations up at the throttle body. The first version was to make a new piece of linkage that fit onto the original throttle that allowed for the use of the cable. And things spiraled out of control from there.  LOL  

The current (and hopefully last) revision is to convert over to a Nissan Sentra throttle body that originally used a cable pull.

Let me look back through my pics and see what I have.

haha. well i ended up "stalking" your posts last night after my reply and thats essentially what i came to realize.

Im leaning towards keeping the 280zx TB on my 280Z and mocking up a little bracket for this to all work. i will be posting a video on it myself on youtube once complete. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Captain Obvious  Nice work!

Any chance you have a summary list of components & MY vehicle that they came from?  I'd like to investigate removing that convoluted linkage and the seemingly overly complex TB setup. Is the TB you used compatible with the stock TPS or did you use an alternate for that also? I'm surprised the 4cyl TB was sufficient ID, but maybe the Z one is way undersized (like the exhaust)? 

Edited by HusseinHolland

I will work up a summary on what parts I used. I can quickly tell you however, that the Sentra throttle body I used was not compatible with the original TPS, and the TPS that came on that throttle body was not compatible with the Bosch L-Jet. The original is three positions (idle, mid, and WOT), and the TPS that came on the Sentra throttle body was a potentiometer.

Bottom line? I spent a bunch of time adapting the original TPS onto the Sentra throttle body.