chiefmd

280ZX FPR Wows

I have been searching for a 280ZX Fuel pressure Regulator and with the exception of one for $200 - $500 I can't seem to find one. The Beck/Arnley 158-0091 model seems

to be out of stock every where I check. Can anyone help me out and either direct me to a vendor or sell me one. Thank you.

Rockauto has them for $96. (Bosch) according to them.

MSA $125.

Zcardepot $159.00

Not sure why the wide range in prices.

Edited by rcb280z

Try advance auto parts and use a coupon code.  20 to 30% off from retailmenot.com and advance pops up a 25% sometimes for online orders.  You order online and choose in store pick up to avoid shipping cost. Takes a couple of days though. I've done it many times. Good luck.

Can't wait to see that fuel rail. 8^)

Right. When you mentioned your "receipt" I figured it was in reference to your 77, not his 78.

Sure would like to do the fuel rail update but can't. I would fail the "visual" part of the emission inspection here.

Edited by rcb280z
  • Sad 1

Site - Thanks for the input.  I searched for Ultra Power p/n UPR PR8 and they must have discontinued, no luck. I guess I'll just keep searching or maybe even try blocking off one of the pipes on the 280Z FPR.

Chiefmd, I can't believe how much these things have gone up in price! Personally if what rockauto has is correct, Bosch, I would get it. JMO. 

Me neither. I can't believe that all the aftermarket manufactures have stopped making it and the one's that are available are ridiculously priced. I did find a used one for $50 but I'm a little hesitant as it is 35 years old.

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay up 😞

18 hours ago, chiefmd said:

try blocking off one of the pipes on the 280Z FPR.

Most EFI systems from the 70's and early 80's run at 36 psi.  2.5 bar, in European terms.  BMW, Volvo, Saab, Mercedes, etc.  Might find a cheap one you can retrofit that way.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:17 PM, chiefmd said:

Me neither. I can't believe that all the aftermarket manufactures have stopped making it and the one's that are available are ridiculously priced. I did find a used one for $50 but I'm a little hesitant as it is 35 years old.

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay up 😞

Same think with ZX brake calipers as of 6 months ago. Non of the big parts houses had any, RockAuto only had just one side for the rear for the longest time, and the bleeders are pretty worn out.