IGNORED

Restoration of my 72 240Z

Jaymanbikes

9 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Stunning, love that colour,  but isn't that a metallic paint?  I have always heard that with metallics you have to paint all panels at the same while hung on the car so that everything matches.  Only asking because I'm about two weeks behind you, just finishing up 600 wet sanding.

You have to be careful when doing it this way.  If you notice in the other pics the fenders are on a cart as they would be on the car, the doors were also painted in a similar fashion .  More important is the paint has to be mixed at the same rate, pressure, temps etc 

6 minutes ago, Jaymanbikes said:

You have to be careful when doing it this way.  If you notice in the other pics the fenders are on a cart as they would be on the car, the doors were also painted in a similar fashion .  More important is the paint has to be mixed at the same rate, pressure, temps etc 

I thought about that too. Will be interesting to see if you have any shade differences when it's assembled. The paint looks good though!

20 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Stunning, love that colour,  but isn't that a metallic paint?  I have always heard that with metallics you have to paint all panels at the same while hung on the car so that everything matches.  Only asking because I'm about two weeks behind you, just finishing up 600 wet sanding.

is that #307?  I love that! 

Originally was going with the 15” Grey Rota wheels but the 205’s looked smallish.  In the end I decided to go 16” with 215’s and  changed to silver.  I thought the darker wheels sort of got lost with this shade of blue.  The 16 will fill the wheel wells a bit more as well. 

E54AEA2C-7659-46D5-90E6-7670C55848AB.jpeg

48B11973-2891-487E-966D-E9E99DF639ED.jpeg

965D92C2-A889-4728-81BA-56932DEDDE2B.jpeg