IGNORED

Manifold gasket?

spiderpig55

I have a 75' 280Z with N42 head and will be going back together with a header. Also have deleted the EGR. What is the best intake/exhaust manifold gasket I should be running? (i mean "best for a street car") All the gaskets I see at the local parts stores look like garbage. I'm a fan of felpro gaskets, but even that one looks so so. I think what I took off the engine was a felpro, and I guess it was working but, the header has rectangle ports and the head has rectangle ports...not hexagon. Should I just run whatever or is there a better way to go?

The Hexagon gaskets fir both round port and square Port heads and manifolds/headers. In fact that'a about all you can buy from Nissan these days. 

Mahle makes a very good Intake/Exhaust gasket. Multilayer, steel reinforced with some sort of self sealing surface.  Order one for a 280ZX and Mahle will pop up. Otherwise if you choose 280Z, you will only get a choice of ITM and Felpro. 

22 minutes ago, Chickenman said:

The Hexagon gaskets fir both round port and square Port heads and manifolds/headers. In fact that'a about all you can buy from Nissan these days. 

Mahle makes a very good Intake/Exhaust gasket. Multilayer, steel reinforced with some sort of self sealing surface.  Order one for a 280ZX and Mahle will pop up. Otherwise if you choose 280Z, you will only get a choice of ITM and Felpro. 

No other issues between the ZX gasket and the Z gasket?

Chickenman, are you referring to the  MAHLE MS16717?   That's what I'm coming up with. Still the hex ports but whatever, it does look like a quality gasket.

siteunseen, I was looking at zcardepot, and what I saw for my car just seemed like the same thing I've been seeing everywhere else. Except for the 70-74 gasket (Part # : 800-057). That looks like it would work perfect but why wouldn't it work on a 75? Is the only difference the emission ports? (again, i've ditched the egr so)

If I'm looking at the right thing, I'm not opposed to going with the Mahle.

Edited by spiderpig55
Wait for stupidy....

Nice gwri8! ......hmm....nice gwrli8..... Anyway, that's cool, that gasket looks just like the Mahle. I'm pretty sure Nissan can't be wrong on this, so thanks for including the part number. I think this solves my problem, this is what I was looking for. I will either go with Mahle or Datsun! Either way I think it will work, thanks guys for your help.

Yes. That is the Mahle gasket number. Very impressed with quality. As good or better than the Nissan factory gasket IMHO.  It has a really nice coating that seems to be self sealing. Some sort of synthetic. 

Mahle was a lot cheaper than Nissan as well. At least from Canadian Dealers and I get employee discounts still... LOL  

The Nissan 14035-N3500 is the latest supersession and basically replaces everything else for an EFI gasket. I got the last 14035-P7100 gasket in Canada a while ago  ( Round exh port N47/P79  gasket ) . That had metal plate on the exhaust side and was really nice. 

Edited by Chickenman