IGNORED

Roll Pan: new or used?

Matthew Abate

I’m looking at the roll pan on Z Car Depot and wondering if this is the best option for replacing the caved in one on my car.

The spare tire well makes beating this thing back into shape way more expensive than just welding in a new one, so I was just about to pull the trigger on this, and then I started wondering if it would be better to try to find one someone has on a dead car.

ZCD wants $253 after shipping, which is QUITE a lot. If I can finagle free shipping it would be $189, which still feels high.

Thoughts?

I have read where the rear pan that is available needs some work on an English wheel to really be right. Have you considered drilling out the spot welds in the tire well so you have access then weld it back in when you're done?

4 hours ago, Matthew Abate said:

I just asked the shop about drilling out the spot welds on the spare tire well.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

There are a few of them, but they are easy to get to and then the tub comes right out. With the gas tank out you should have pretty good access provided the sub frame pieces aren't damaged. They are a little beefier and are more difficult to persuade