IGNORED

Q's about 73 Datsun 240z dash/map light wiring

Dan222000

Hello,

First I need some help figuring out where the map light is hooked up too.  It looks to me as if the map light red (+) wire goes to the heater blower motor harness which has a red wire as well.  Now there's a black (-) wire from the map light that I don't know where it connects too.  Can anyone confirm where the black (-) wires goes?  I see that the blower motor harness has a black wire with a ground hook but the wire from the map light has a male connector.  

Thanks,

Dan

download.jpg

27155-E4400_7841_1ks.jpg

ok after looking over all the wiring.  It turns out that I have two blue wires with female connectors that are unplugged.  One should be to  the blower motor power source.  The second one has me stumped, could it be to the radio?  The radio harness has three wires which includes two speakers and a blue wire.  There's a red with blue striped wired that is loose.  Could the red with blue stripped wire go to the other blue female connector?  

This still leaves the question as to where does the map light connect too?

Thanks,

Dan

The FSM says the map light RL wire connects to a R wire that is common to all the gauges - you should have an open female connector nearby.  The black wire should be a nearby ground.  At least you figured out the male plug red wire  on the blower harness is for power - could have been exciting! :finger:

Do you have the FSM and '71 Supplement downloaded for reference?

Both are easy to identify as both have a fuse holder in the same line.

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

2 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

The FSM shows the R blower harness power connected to a L (blue) wire - looks like you are on track there.  And it looks like a blue wire is also power for the radio.

Jfa.series1 thanks for the help.  I just wanted to confirm I was on the right track.  I'll look for the red wire with the open female connector for the map light tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help!

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Finishing up the re-connecting of wires from my dash restoration. Want to be sure and double check before I button it all up. Car runs no, issues to this point. 

Have the same wiring harness part number as the start of this post 21755-4400 (73 240Z). See attached. Connects to blower motor and blower switch. The ground (black) coming off this harness, I had marked as radio ground. Like a DA didn't take a pic of where this ground wire would have attached to the stock radio. Is it as easy as pick one of the mounting screw on either side of the radio to ground? My FSM is delete of a radio wiring diagram. 

Also harness number 24026-N3300 carries the three small panel lights (fan switch and heater/vent controls) in the dash. This harness also includes a black ground. I marked as console ground. Again DA no pic upon removal. Where is the this ground mounted? (back of the fan switch plate?). 

Thank you for your help. 

Harness pic2.jpg

Harness pic 4.jpg

Harness pic1.jpg

Harness pic 3.jpg