IGNORED

Input on power gains by swapping head.

moelk

1 hour ago, Lumens said:

Schneider shows 9 different cam grinds for a L6 Z car. What is a stage 3 cam? People throw that term around all the time like it is some magical grind.

If someone thinks it’s a magical grind, I can’t answer that?

Msa sells Schneider cams and advertising them as stage 1, 2, 3 etc, that what people referring to, right or wrong I don’t know? But it’s probobly as wrong as the euro bumper (no rubber) and euro front indicators (white) companies/people selling. They were never a Euro item but still advertised as such.

Edited by moelk

1 hour ago, madkaw said:

I’m wanting that cam myself, so this will be interesting. I’m tempted to go the cheap route and pull the Isky cam out of my 2.4, but I want to keep that motor a runner

This will probably be a winter project so it will take some time before I can test it and compare.

• 2 months later...

Well, as usual things changed. I found and bought two E88 EFI MR30 skyline heads. Will build a completely new head with the DP cam. Will install bigger intake valves 44 mm or 45mm, get it ported and aim for CR 11.0 -11.5

Hope to see a good increase in power.

Edited by moelk

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

How are you going to handle pre-ignition or ping with a compression ratio that high? Will you be using race gas?

These chambers can handle “ping” better then the ordernery E88/N42 chambers. The bigger cam will also help. Will see how it goes but I don’t see a big problem with it as many people seams to make it work with these type of heads.

Will be running pump fuel 95 or 98.

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2018 at 7:04 PM, moelk said:

Well, as usual things changed. I found and bought two E88 EFI MR30 skyline heads. Will build a completely new head with the DP cam. Will install bigger intake valves 44 mm or 45mm, get it ported and aim for CR 11.0 -11.5

Hope to see a good increase in power.

Nice combo ! I’m jealous . Great combo of small chamber and square port exhaust !