IGNORED

Wheel specs

joe newsom

I am curious of how the offset works. There seems to be so many choices. I am looking for a 15/16 inch wheel that I feel like 8 inch would be nice look. I would like to see the wheel come to the fender possibly past abit. Really feel the wheel well with some sexyness. I am running 1 inch lower springs, no flares and stock everything else. What does offset do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Here's a pic that explains offset.  I think all S30's had zero offset with stock steel wheels.  You can see that positive offset begins to move the wheel centerline inboard and that gets the inside of the tire closer to the strut assembly.  Negative offset moves the centerline outboard which increases the potential for the tires to hit the fenders.

wheel-offset.jpg

+11 on 8 inch width puts the wheel more on inside. Might hit your struts. 0 offset is better. And you need 4 lugs default_laugh.png. To confirm this look at your space between wheel and struts now then add +6mm and diff of wider rim.

12/70 260Z motor Mallory dist triple Weber 40s ext oilcooler headers twice pipes Tokico Iluminas Eibach springs frt/rr sways

Well 15x9 -15 is going the other way sticking the wheel outside dealing with rubbing against fender lips. You might get away with it by using smaller tire like a 185/50 if you’re fine with that. Assuming your suspension is close to stock height. I know someone with that setup. I now run 15x9 0 offset with 205/55. Not much rubbing, I’m lowered by an inch with eibach springs/ilumina struts.

IMG_0537.JPG.01ec997cebaa20d15fcff2059193fc82.JPG

12/70 260Z motor Mallory dist triple Weber 40s ext oilcooler headers twice pipes Tokico Iluminas Eibach springs frt/rr sways