IGNORED

California 1978 Datsun 280z Restomod

Kevin McSweeney

On 1/6/2021 at 2:43 AM, BAS_DXB said:

Totally dig the Hulky Green color with the bronze rims ! Super nice job done, definitely some inspiration for my own project !

Thanks for sharing all this !

Thank you! Should be on the road within the next month. Just finishing up the glass, rubber and some misc. work!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Car is almost there. Fuel system done, exhaust done, glass back in, rear coilovers fitted and ride height dialled in. Dash installed. Dapper Lighting headlights and JDM 240z taillights installed. Alignment done. New injectors, connectors and other misc. wiring under the hood to fix some rough running - cylinder 3 had an injector stuck open which flooded everything. Decided to replace all 6 for peace of mind.

IMG-3408.jpg

IMG-3414.jpg

IMG-3415.jpg

IMG-3416.jpg

IMG-3418.jpg

IMG-3419.jpg

Edited by Kevin McSweeney
  • Like 1

Valve cover came back from powder coating today. Very happy with the finished product.
IMG-3326.thumb.JPG.1677930bae3c609ef3a601ed85bdade2.JPG
IMG-3327.thumb.JPG.16b01ed9f1c9dd47758202c48604500c.JPG

Dang that looks good! I want to do that to mine, did you just drop it off at the powder coat shop to get that done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oilking53 said:

Dang that looks good! I want to do that to mine, did you just drop it off at the powder coat shop to get that done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did, but I know the guy pretty well, so we talked a while about what I wanted. It's a wrinkle coat and we just masked up the lettering.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 5:14 PM, Kevin McSweeney said:

Car is almost there. Fuel system done, exhaust done, glass back in, rear coilovers fitted and ride height dialled in. Dash installed. Dapper Lighting headlights and JDM 240z taillights installed. Alignment done. New injectors, connectors and other misc. wiring under the hood to fix some rough running - cylinder 3 had an injector stuck open which flooded everything. Decided to replace all 6 for peace of mind.

IMG-3408.jpg

IMG-3414.jpg

IMG-3415.jpg

IMG-3416.jpg

IMG-3418.jpg

IMG-3419.jpg

Looks very nice Kevin.

I gotta ask.

You filled in the rear side maker light openings, but left the front ones open.

How come?

The next thing I need to get done is the wiring of the tail lights and license plate lights. As you can see I have swapped the 280z lights for JDM 240z lights. I have the original 280z tail light harnesses, and I need to get them wired and working correctly. I know there are several write ups on the physical conversion of the lights, but I can't find any on the wiring. Below are a couple of photographs of the current wiring situation.

I'm not good at wiring, don't mind admitting it. So looking for some help here. 

Also for those wondering, yes I will be cleaning up and painting the patch panels that cover the opening for 280z reverse light and the side markers.

IMG-3493.jpg

IMG-3492.jpg

unnamed.jpg

1 hour ago, Kevin McSweeney said:

The next thing I need to get done is the wiring of the tail lights and license plate lights. As you can see I have swapped the 280z lights for JDM 240z lights. I have the original 280z tail light harnesses, and I need to get them wired and working correctly. I know there are several write ups on the physical conversion of the lights, but I can't find any on the wiring. Below are a couple of photographs of the current wiring situation.

I'm not good at wiring, don't mind admitting it. So looking for some help here. 

Also for those wondering, yes I will be cleaning up and painting the patch panels that cover the opening for 280z reverse light and the side markers.

IMG-3493.jpg

IMG-3492.jpg

unnamed.jpg

I would get the connectors and wire terminals from that company that has the correct OEM parts, and make up a jumper pigtail for each side.