IGNORED

replacing floor pan and rails with engine/tranny in place

hls3073z

1 minute ago, pclements said:

I see the windshield, sun visor and head liner still in the car. If you are not removing them you had better cover them well. The grinding sparks and welding splatter will embed metal in the glass and burn holes in the rest.

Everything is coming off the car, I just got the rotisserie together and needed to consolidate space. 

2 hours ago, wheee! said:

Congrats on doing it right. Take your time. Triple your budget, and read all the threads on restorations on this forum. Some of the best Datsun minds come here daily and I have learned EVERYTHING from these people.

Thank you. I have had 8-9 zcars through the years, back when you could buy them for $3000, but never really had "the" z I always wanted. This car has only 20,000 miles on it through a little detective work, but it sat for many years. A super clean 73, going back all stock, hubcaps and all, other than triple Weber 40's and a rebuilt engine oversized a few thousandth. Converting it to 5 speed with an 83 Borg Warner.

I remember going to the Nissan dealer back 20+ years ago seeing the restored 240's they were selling and always wanting one of those, so now its time.

20170215_175543.jpg

20170215_175552.jpg

20170215_175602.jpg

20170219_183634.jpg

• Like 1