IGNORED

Rust Advice 78 280z

gotham22

a large bore rubber hose (like a heater hose) held up to the ear and then move the open end around the engine bay may help zero in on the noise. it sounds external. this technique is very good at finding exhaust leak noise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gotham22 said:

I bought a car stethoscope to do that. Hoping to have time this weekend to troubleshoot.

A stethoscope won’t “hear” an exhaust leak. It is great for tracking down mechanical noises though, like that knock on the video.

A little story...

I had a 95 suburban that went in for an oil change. Well they forgot to refill the oil but I really couldn't prove it. It had a rod nock after that. A local racer told me to run 20w-50 in it. Quiet as a mouse. We ran it that way for a long time

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been slow progress but I wanted to send an update.  Oil pressure seems good.  Its around 20psi during idle. I also fixed the down pipe exhaust leak (noise is still the same).  Next I am going to do a compressions test and then check timing. Again thank you all for your help

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...