IGNORED

260z Transmission Coolant Lines

DalTron

I just bought some new headers for my 1974 260z, but they run into some transmission coolant lines. Does anyone know if I would be able to bypass these lines? Or what I could do to get around this problem? It's an automatic and I have removed the air conditioning.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

The two horizontal lines in the second picture are what I am talking about.

MVIMG_20180501_195906[1].jpg

MVIMG_20180501_195906~2[1].jpg

37 minutes ago, DalTron said:

That's what it looks like I'll have to do, I'm going to try to reshape the ones in there right now.

You can buy straight lines at most auto parts stores and bend a whole new line. Just need one with the right ends on it

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, esmit208 said:

A RARE BREED.............auto trans. I never had one as many as I have had. If it is a steel line those are easy to reshape and reroute

Yeah it was pretty easy to reshape, I'm working on it with my dad and he made it sound worse than it was, then the next time we worked on it he was super chill about it and it was no problem.

13 hours ago, DalTron said:

Yeah it was pretty easy to reshape, I'm working on it with my dad and he made it sound worse than it was, then the next time we worked on it he was super chill about it and it was no problem.

Be sure to remember DAD this Sunday. I'm sure he would appreciate a cold ? for his effort!