Jump to content

DalTron

260z Transmission Coolant Lines

Recommended Posts

I just bought some new headers for my 1974 260z, but they run into some transmission coolant lines. Does anyone know if I would be able to bypass these lines? Or what I could do to get around this problem? It's an automatic and I have removed the air conditioning.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

The two horizontal lines in the second picture are what I am talking about.

MVIMG_20180501_195906[1].jpg

MVIMG_20180501_195906~2[1].jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to keep the cooler lines. Why don't you fabricate some reshaped replacement lines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what it looks like I'll have to do, I'm going to try to reshape the ones in there right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DalTron said:

That's what it looks like I'll have to do, I'm going to try to reshape the ones in there right now.

You can buy straight lines at most auto parts stores and bend a whole new line. Just need one with the right ends on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to reroute the current line and get really close, so I'm just going to buy a little extension and connect it to the radiator. 

Thanks for all the help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A RARE BREED.............auto trans. I never had one as many as I have had. If it is a steel line those are easy to reshape and reroute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, esmit208 said:

A RARE BREED.............auto trans. I never had one as many as I have had. If it is a steel line those are easy to reshape and reroute

Yeah it was pretty easy to reshape, I'm working on it with my dad and he made it sound worse than it was, then the next time we worked on it he was super chill about it and it was no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DalTron said:

Yeah it was pretty easy to reshape, I'm working on it with my dad and he made it sound worse than it was, then the next time we worked on it he was super chill about it and it was no problem.

Be sure to remember DAD this Sunday. I'm sure he would appreciate a cold 🍺 for his effort!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, esmit208 said:

Be sure to remember DAD this Sunday. I'm sure he would appreciate a cold 🍺 for his effort!

Hahaha of course, I would never forget 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.