Identify relay - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Identify relay

Featured Replies

Can someone please identify this. I have decided to remove dashboard and I found this relay underneath by the stereo. somehow PO cut the 2 black wires. Thanks

Capture.JPG

There should be a number on it.  Look closely, it might be faded ink.

I would be tempted to say it's the seat belt buzzer, but that should only have a black wire and a green wire.

  • Author

This where it was attachimage.jpged 

image.jpg

@krZing

Your photos confirm that it is the seat belt warning  as @SteveJ said in the above post.

That is the same as is found in my 73 240z in the same location.

 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks for the reply

  • Author

Also not sure what this toggle switch for? I apologize for too many questions just trying to learn. Never work with electrical 

image.jpg

image.jpg

That toggle switch looks to be the kludge that the previous owner tried to do when the parking lights wouldn't come on.

  • Author

The wiring look original. I could be wrong

That toggle switch is not a Nissan part. From the wire colors I can identify the circuits as parking lights (green/white) and dash lights (blue/red).

  • Author

Thanks Steve that’s why I ask the experts. I’m ready throw in the towel.  very frustrating. Do you have any suggestions on after market harness and is it easier to go that route. Thanks

For me, I just would repair the dash harness, but I am hard-headed that way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.