krZing

Identify relay

Can someone please identify this. I have decided to remove dashboard and I found this relay underneath by the stereo. somehow PO cut the 2 black wires. Thanks

Capture.JPG

There should be a number on it.  Look closely, it might be faded ink.

I would be tempted to say it's the seat belt buzzer, but that should only have a black wire and a green wire.

@krZing

Your photos confirm that it is the seat belt warning  as @SteveJ said in the above post.

That is the same as is found in my 73 240z in the same location.

Also not sure what this toggle switch for? I apologize for too many questions just trying to learn. Never work with electrical 

image.jpg

image.jpg

That toggle switch looks to be the kludge that the previous owner tried to do when the parking lights wouldn't come on.

That toggle switch is not a Nissan part. From the wire colors I can identify the circuits as parking lights (green/white) and dash lights (blue/red).

Thanks Steve that’s why I ask the experts. I’m ready throw in the towel.  very frustrating. Do you have any suggestions on after market harness and is it easier to go that route. Thanks

For me, I just would repair the dash harness, but I am hard-headed that way.

Lol.  I don’t have the time and patience. I just want to get it running  and enjoy it. 

See if you can source a factory harness that hasn't been "improved"! That is the path of least resistance if you're not a "sparky"! 😛

That's what I'm considering to do now. Hopefully I can find unmolested factory harness out there.Is there any difference between 72-73 harness? I saw this on ebay and it appears to be intact. with every ones expertise  does it look complete. Need advise before buying it. thanks 

harness.JPG

@Zs-ondabrain

Contact Dave Irwin with your harness issues. He'll probably be less expensive than a purchase from E-bay and you'll wind up with a cleaned, fully functional harness.

Dave is a Z Electrical Hero! :Yes: