IGNORED

New fuel sender connectors

heyitsrama

So, I follow a lot of Z guys in Japan on Instagram, check out these connectors for a fuel sender, I like the shape of the rubber cover.

anyone seen anything like this? Mine are super stiff, and I cant get a good connection on the sender, seems to be finicky.

fullsizeoutput_e71.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_e72.jpeg

The original picture is what 280 senders electrical connectors look like. They are not designed to be taken off or to be removable.

The 240 senders had the slide on terminals and could be better insulated and water proofed by the rubber caps referenced above.

On 4/28/2018 at 7:13 PM, JSM said:

On 4/29/2018 at 1:07 PM, zKars said:

The original picture is what 280 senders electrical connectors look like. They are not designed to be taken off or to be removable.

The 240 senders had the slide on terminals and could be better insulated and water proofed by the rubber caps referenced above.

I think Banzai Motors has alternator covers that might fit, I think I have one sitting around at home, ill take a gander at that and see if it works.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:24 PM, siteunseen said:

I used female spade connectors and slathered them with liquid electrical tape. Those look a helluva lot better than my jimmy rig.

Hows the fit of the spade over it? does the tape do all the holding? 

I honestly don't remember how tight they fit but if they were loose I'm sure I squeezed tighter with pliers. The liquid tape worked out great. It sealed everything, adding some waterproofing for any chance of getting caught out on a rainy day. 

I'll put up a picture I have in the morning I think shows the finished job. Using my phone now, sorry.

Cliff

Never mind.  I see know you have the 280 version as ZKars mentioned earlier.  This is all for my 240, sorry but I go straight to the last post most of the time.  Life is short. :unsure:

Here's what I've been able to find on my laptop.

Do you have the looking connectors?  That's what I put the female spade connectors on, for my 240.  280s are different.

Top is the one I'm talking about.

280z_240z_fuel_level_sender.JPG Image result for female spade connectors

I had forgotten but I got the old dried up rubber boots back on mine too.  The best picture I could find. :(

post-24724-14150829135495_thumb.jpg

• Like 1