Identify this Datsun Truck - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Identify this Datsun Truck

Featured Replies

I was leaving the Alameda antiques/collectables flea market and this was pulling in.  It looked like such a great truck.  I would love to see more of these early Japanese cars and trucks.  I thought you guys would like this.  Help me figure out what year and model it is.  

 

-Ben

FullSizeRender.jpg

Looks like a 320. 1962 to 1965, they had a 1.2L engine. The 520 started in 1965 with a 1.3L

  • Author

Everything about this truck and the setting was just right.  I love the faded paint, the white roof, and the hubcaps.  The owner wasn't afraid to drive it through the puddles and rocks and it was being used as intended; as a truck.  I only got a glimpse of it and now I wonder if others get the same stir of emotions when they see our Z's on the road?  This truck looks otherworldly and being inspired I drove my Z that night.  

Ben

Edited by v12horse

When these cool trucks show up at local shows, I always stop to admire them. A great part of Datsun/Nissan history. 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Looks like a 220 series,  possibly 320 as CaTechZ has noted.    1960 or so vintage.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.