IGNORED

[SOLD] 73-240Z For Sale, Original Owner (( Sold ))

ZIII

After almost 45 years the time has come for me to part with my beloved 240Z.  I am either going to take her to auction or put her up for sale but before I do that I just wanted to let any member know beforehand in case there might be someone, an enthusiast, who might be interested in purchasing it.  This site and its members have been an absolute joy to be a part of over these many years not to mention a most useful and helpful source of advice and encouragement.  

So, here are some details on the car....... One of the things I didn't mention was that I have a boatload, and I do mean a boatload, of spare parts that will come with the car if a member buys it.  Everything from a spare gas tank to loads of gauges, interior and exterior parts, engine parts with a list too long to mention now.  

Up for sale is my 1973 Datsun 240Z.  I am the original and sole owner of this car and the car is completely and most extensively documented.  I have virtually every single receipt for all work and modifications done to it from the first day I bought it new.  That is, original sales receipt, title, manual, keys and for the past 45 years, all service records.  Additionally, my car is registered and certified as a single owner car in the Z-car registry as number, 156.  (http://www.zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/original.htm)

The license plate on the car is a Texas 1973 plate, which the DOV in Texas allows collectors to use, once certified, while providing a Texas Title. They also allow you to retain your original title, which I have.  

The car has never been in an accident. None of the glass has ever been replaced.  Current tires on the car are Yokohama ES-100, 215/60/R-15 94V mounted on Riken 15 inch mags.  Current mileage is 104,536 and the engine has never been rebuilt or out of the car.  It was Ziebart'd (for those of you who know what that is) during its first week of ownership.  

The list of modifications to it is quite extensive and all modifications made have been done in order to improve its performance, drivability and safety.  In many cases, where modifications have been made to the interior the original parts have been retained and are included with the car. (i.e. Original steering wheel, radio, shift-knob, etc.). The wood box in the rear trunk between the two front seats does not come with the car.  

The following represents a list of all major modifications:

- Five speed transmission

- Triple Mikuni carburetors

- Larger, front brake calipers (Toyota)

- High performance Cam

- Free flow exhaust with headers

- Lowered with Tokico shocks and struts

- Momo Steering wheel (original included)

- McIntosh radio/CD player with Alpine power amplifier (original radio included)

- Xcel electronic ignition and coil

- Upgraded distributor

- Front/rear shock strut bars

- Rear axel mustache bar

- Rear metal window shade

- Upgraded alternator and bracket

- Larger radiator

- Zeibart rust protection on first day of ownership

- Custom front grill (Original included)

- High performance fuel pump

- Gas tank recently completely cleaned

- Virtually new battery with heavier gauge grounds and wiring

- PIAA fog lights

-Cibi Headlights Lights

-Datsun quartz clock (Original included)

-Dynamat soundproofing front doors, rear and spare tire area, and rear lid.

Price is $27,000

A PayPal deposit of $500 is expected within seven days of auction ending with the remainder to be paid within two weeks, in cash, certified cashiers check or direct bank transfer when the car is picked up or before it is shipped.  

I am available to answer or discuss any questions you might have. My phone number is (915) 920-9950 (Mountain Time) or you can email me.  For any prospective buyer I highly encourage you to do this as I also would welcome knowing the one who might get my baby and I want you to be sure and happy about acquiring it.  Over the many years of dabbling in cars I have never seen such a well-documented car for sale. I can assure you that you will also be impressed.  

I have only included a few pictures here, however, if interested I can send you dozens more.  In many cases I have pictures of several mods done to the car, such as Dynamat soundproofing installation, radio, carbs, etc., 

Car has been sold !!!!! 

Z-1.jpg

Z-2.jpg

Z-3.jpg

Z-4.jpg

Z-5.jpg

Z-6.jpg

Z-12.jpg

Z-17.jpg

Edited by ZIII
Car has been sold
  • Like 2