IGNORED

77 280z rust free original unmolested parting out in Las Vegas

tzagi1

I would add, that the basic issue here is that most of us don't want to hear about these kinds of things.  It's not what the forum is about.  We know they happen, but some things are best kept to yourself.  If you shoplifted some parts from the auto parts store, don't come on to the forum to tell people about your "score".  It dirties up the good stuff on the forum.  And don't try to argue that the parts store sold you some bad parts so they got what they deserved, or everybody does it, or some other justification.  Just enjoy your ill-gotten gains, alone.

That's about it.  You and your friends might have a "culture" where this is acceptable, it's just not acceptable here.  Sorry to the members who might have joined in with their own stories.  I'm not a saint myself, and could tell some stories from way back when but I don't do those things any more and don't talk about them either.  

Let's get back to the basics, and stop talking about how to scam the system.

To all those who are ignorant with the law:

A.possession is 90% of the law, as long as an item is not stolen it can be sold (or given away) by the possessor. in my case I purchased it fair and square. if in doubt feel free to call your police department and ask.

B. Google "title recovery services" yes, there is no lack of them in any town USA.

C: here is an example, a car was left on your property (lets say apartment building) you call the local towing service to have it removed, the towing company liens it and sells it to the next owner, done everywhere everyday since cars were invented...where is the problem? how do you know that the car YOU own has not been impounded and liened? maybe you need to find the owner and return it to them?

How silly is that?  

I should explain my situation with more details.

I bought my Camry from a shady used car dealer. I paid cash right then and he promised to get me the title from his banks floor plan loan system. 3 months of lies and then finding out he was a drug addict I took matters into my own hands by getting the wrecker service to get me a title as an abandoned vehicle that owed storage fees. We did that and then I get a call from his bank asking what I paid and when  paid. Turns out he had borrowed $8,000 to buy the car at an auction and I paid him $2,000 cash.  My banker sent a letter to that car loaning bank stating I had borrowed the money but never received the title.  The guy I bought the car from was charged with multiple felony fraud charges as he had done this many times. I still drive the car everyday and have a clean title. He's been in jail a few times over his actions but ultimately lost a $250,000 house to satisfy his fraud charges and the bank to stay out of prison.

I got lucky because I was honest with the bank involved and their investigators. I wouldn't do it for a car that was mixed up in a supposed divorce settlement.

20 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Did you borrow the $2000 from the bank or was this more "home cooking"? :D

Yes sir! I got a signature loan for the two grand and that's what my bank sent to the used car dealer's bank.  After I did that my bank had a girl that bought from the same guy and had the same issue. I actually uncovered his scam of borrowing twice the amount he actually paid for cars.  He would give them the title as collateral and send pictures of nicer cars to cover his lies. They did 90 day loans for him to resale the cars but be wouldn't pay so they kept the titles. 

Crystal meth took over my city like crack did in the '80s.

Youngster beware, like Mr Mackey says, DRUGS ARE BAD. 

https://youtu.be/Uh7l8dx-h8M

43 minutes ago, tzagi1 said:

Your case is a bit different....The bank could have easily pay off the storage fees and kept the car..you got lucky.

Yes it is different.  I'm hoping to clean my reputation up with ZedHead and Captain Obvious, I look up to those guys very much.

But like you said the car was in my garage and possession is 9/10ths. the law and I was more than happy to tell the truth because the truth was on my side.  Nobodies getting what I legally,in my mind, paid for out of my garage. B)

I'm also out of this. Uninvited I know but replied anyway.

Just tired of zag's attempts to get people to join him in his "found' money club.  He's the guy that throws the ID away and keeps the money when he finds a wallet.  Hoping that that's not acceptable on this site.

You can't have a discussion with him because he ignores your posts when they destroy his point, or he comes up with nonsense like at the top of this page.