IGNORED

Emission parts from from air galley

jalexquijano

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:03 PM, Patcon said:

That innovate will be fine. You will need to get an exhaust bung welded into your exhaust system. If you have a 6-2-1 system, you may want two bungs one welded into each of the the two pipes. That will allow you to check the front carb and the back carb separately. I believe the innovates come with at least one exhaust bung...

Should i only buy this A/F Meter or is there a kit that comes with other accesories which are needed? At the moment i only use a synchometer and colortune gunson to adjust my carbs:

https://www.amazon.com/Latest-Rage-Deluxe-Carburetor-Airflow/dp/B00CMC57R0/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_bs_t_1/143-7727567-6037105?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7E5HJJ0TY1ZKGRG0YN3V

https://www.amazon.com/Colortune-for-14mm-Spark-Plug/dp/B000E9VGNM/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1513270323&sr=1-1&keywords=colortune

Is this really accurate?

You already linked to the Innovate, which is what you need. I already told you that will work. That is all I'm gonna do for you. Take it or leave it. The advise is free...not gonna keep rehashing the same stuff. What you need to know you can't learn from a balancing tool and a colortune...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

You already linked to the Innovate, which is what you need. I already told you that will work. That is all I'm gonna do for you. Take it or leave it. The advise is free...not gonna keep rehashing the same stuff. What you need to know you can't learn from a balancing tool and a colortune...

Thanks Patcon

• 6 months later...

A related question:  

I have a stock '72 240Z.  I've removed the air pump and its 2 hoses in order to simplify & clean up the engine bay.  (I retained the factory air filter and plugged the air filter housing where the air pump intake hose was connected.   

The engine still runs great, but I'm left with the components downstream from the airpump output.  I'd like to remove the Check Valve that screws into the Air Galley, and the Anti-Backfire Valve that connects to the Balance Tube.  Here are my questions:

1) Is there any downside to doing this?  (I care about performance and reliability - not so much originality.)

2) What are folks using with plug the resulting holes on the Air Galley and Balance Tub?  (Screws?  What size/thread type?)

3). The anti-back fire valve hose connects to the balance tube via a chrome tube with a slotted end.     (White arrow in the attached photo).  Is this slotted, chrome tube threaded into the balance tube?  Is it stock? What's the best way to remove it?

Thanks!

Jughead

Balance Tube.png