Guess what I found under my distributor cap... - Page 2 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Guess what I found under my distributor cap...

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Kurbycar32 said:

Yeah, we really need to know if that was a 10mm socket.

I was looking for it. I thought I might have left it there. LOL

 

  • Author

It was an 8mm. I think they were taking the timing cover bolts off. 

Can't be Steves!

8 hours ago, JSM said:

It was an 8mm. I think they were taking the timing cover bolts off. 

Can't be Steves!

Does the rotor use an 8mm bolt? I'm pretty sure that my Maxima did.

Chuck

 

  • Author
3 hours ago, cbuczesk said:

Does the rotor use an 8mm bolt? I'm pretty sure that my Maxima did.

Chuck

 

Yes I believe it does. When I got the car in pieces though dist was assembled. 

They couldn't get it to run so they were checking timing and I bet they had the dist cap off as they were checking.

The real issue was the rats chewed some 20 plus wires on the EFI harness!

 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
11 hours ago, JSM said:

It was an 8mm. I think they were taking the timing cover bolts off. 

Can't be Steves!

Yeah, they never find it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.