IGNORED

The Neglected 280ZX?

260DET

What is going to become of the 280ZX? I have yet to see a restored one in Brisbane, most of them look very ratty.

If I was going to do another Z, a solid top 2 seater would be next, with a modern engine of course. Even stock they do reasonable times around Queensland Raceway, at least as good as a stock 240 or 260.

Who is up for one?

a guy over hear down in melbourne, has a 280zx 2 seater turbo 5spd, that has had alot of work, and it goes damn crayz, and looks awesome, its low and has rims, and has perfect paint, he had it imported i think from US and converted to RHD using a wrecked aus spec 280zx, was done in late 80s..

280zx 2+2s look like 260z 2+2s, just not my style,

Originally posted by Zpeed

280zx 2+2s look like 260z 2+2s, just not my style,

Can't let that go away without a reply....

280zx compared to a 260 2+2, you're joking aren't you, tell me you are, please!

There is no comparision except that they have a seat in the rear ........

Wasn't the 280Z a US only 2.8 liter engined first generation? They had to put in a bigger engine because of all the power draining anti-pollution gear required in the US at the time.

I know cos I've got one! some crazy fool brought it in and converted it to RHD! It's just like a 260Z, but big heavy doors (intrusion bars) that shut with a solid clunk! as others have pointed out the front valance is a different shape - they have huge ugly hydraulic bumpers that stick out a mile, that I chucked for 240Z ones. mine has 44 Mikunis in place of the injection.

but basically its just a ZED, better than a ZX, better than a 2+2 of any ilk - I like all the 2 seaters, even the ZX coupe looked ok, shame about that trailing-arm suspension tho.

oh and excuse me from butting in on the ozzy pages, havent set up a kiwi one yet but give me time ... :-)

have to look some of you guys up next time I'm over the ditch!

cheers