IGNORED

Need some Francophone assistance SVP

zKars

I am selling my 73 Z, and have an interested buyer in Quebec. He has enlisted the help of an agency to communicate with me since he speaks no English. The guy is great, but it raises questions.

but I would like someone I know, who can speak french to make it possible to speak with the buyer rather than his agent. 

Anyone here with enough french to help a poor Western Anglophone?

(For some reason the 6 years of french I took in Grades 7-12 are not quite enough in this situation, never mind how long ago that was...)

The guy I'm dealing with is Jacques Andre. His name and number come up in several french language links showing him selling cars, so that part of what he tells me checks out.  Anyone ever hear of him or this business?

http://classiccarsmarks.com/jaguar/199174-1961-jaguar-mark-ii-ultra-rare-special-ordered-color-combo.html

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1

Yikes Jim.... sounds fishy. Most French Canadians speak fairly good English. Especially those in business. I speak good French but probably not good enough to conduct a business transaction for someone. Shouldn't be hard for you to have a video chat with him and bring along a local French teacher/ person from cowtown.

I will proceed with great caution. I like the idea of getting a local french speaker to video chat with the buyer. 

My main concern is that Jacques is not really representing a buyer. I really don't care if I sell it to him or to the "buyer" as long as I get paid. Still if he is not being honest, then "No Z for you"

He did tell a very believable story about him and his buyer travelling to look at two other Z's in the east, one in Ottawa I think he said, that turned out to be far from what the seller was claiming for rust condition. Very familiar story.  They were impressed with under my car pictures and claims of relative rust-free-ness. I  would be happy if they travelled here to pick it up. Maybe I'll drive it down there! Field Trip!

I can put you in touch with a bilingual Z nut who keeps after me to sell #249.

He even gave me this mega photo he took of it before it came my way. He looked at it but did not know how special it was and missed the opportunity. Seems like an OK guy.

IMG_0790.JPG

Edited by 240260280

5 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

I can put you in touch with a bilingual Z nut who keeps after me to sell #249.

He even gave me this mega photo he took of it before it came my way. He looked at it but did not know how special it was and missed the opportunity. Seems like an OK guy.

IMG_0790.JPG

Thanks! I'll let you know if I need him. 

Things are progressing on a positive note. Monsier LaPointe (Jacques last name)  lives in Quebec City. And I have contact info for the buyer. Maybe baby is going to a new home.... sniff....

Edited by zKars