IGNORED

Looking for specific car(260Z)

dvanhoos

Greetings - new member here. I realize this is like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack, but I'm on a search for a 260Z my Dad had way back when. Any tips or ideas on how I might go about tracking it down? I do have the VIN, and it would have been titled and registered in Ohio (Warren county) in the late 80s/early 90s. VIN is RLS30041502. I've also posted the only pic I have of it, though it's mostly in the background. Still, it shows the original color, and the interior was a dark tan/light brown as I recall. Look forward to any guidance any of you might have. -Thanks

Dad_16 1_Sep_1991.jpg

I hope you find the car. That would be a neat story to share.

Have you tried googling the vin#?

I bought a 240 once and just for the heck of it I googled the numbers. Found 30 plus photobucket pics, a video of it running and a brief history I'd never known. Apparently the owner before the guy I bought it from listed it on ebay and google picked up the vin from years ago.

Isn't there a Z registry somewhere?  I've been on it before but don't have the link. 

At least you have a vin. I've been looking for my dads 73 240z with zero luck. No vin of course and the state of FL only goes back 10 years. 

Unfortunately need a 17 digit VIN to use CarFax or AutoCheck, though I have to think there is another service out there that handles pre-1980 VINs (at least for some models). As for the Google image search? ROFL