IGNORED

Routing of coolant hoses on intake manifold 77 280Z

HSL

I stripped my car down three years ago and I have finally started to put it together:D I removed the EGR from the intake manifold and possibly some other things I cant remember and now I have two hoses I don't figure out where to connect. I've tried to look at pictures of different engine bays but i can't figure out exactly where they should go, and there is no obvious connection point for either one so thinking that I, in a weak moment, have removed something more without putting it back....

The hose connected to the hard line running to the other side of the engine, where should it go? Since the rubber hose is rather short there is not a lot of options...

2017-07-10_9-25-28.png

And the longer hose running from the thermostat housing

2017-07-10_9-31-36.png

From what I have read it seems like the hoses are for heating of the throttle chamber/intake manifold and that they might be blocked off if the car is not running in cold environment. Since I live in Norway it could be sub zero temperatures even though it wont be driven during winter so would like to have them...

Here's the warmer plate.  I plugged mine at the thermostat housing and then the other one where the lower radiator hose connects.  The vacuum hose off the BPT valve that goes to that thermal vacuum switch on the warmer plate I plugged where it connects to the bottom of the throttle body. Circled in yellow in this picture.

SDC10703.JPG

s-l400.jpg

Thanks for pictures and replies. The warmer plate looks familiar, believe it has been laying around on my workbench for months ;)

When it is removed, how much longer is the fast idle running?

Does anyone have the dimensions for the plugs needed to remove this? I would like to keep the heater so just want to get rid of the t-joint where the lower radiator hose connects.

FSM graphs show that it is closed at 80C and that it takes  6 minutes for the electrical heater to close it (20C to 80C sweep).

My 77 never had the hot plate and I never missed it.  Maybe in the winter if you are stopping and starting a lot on short trips it will reduce some pollution. I would not worry about deleting.

Edited by 240260280