IGNORED

280zx 1979 2+2 slick roof restauration

dutchzcarguy

If no one knows off hand by this afternoon, I can pull a rear wheel off of my '82 parts car and the '80 running car and compare what's on there. It'll be a good bit later in the day though.

I'd be willing to bet someone knows and responds before then.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

Edit: these cars are federal(non-California)U.S. market cars.

FINALLY... pff.. logged in on my laptop.. here some pic's from all the hard work in the past year or so...

What i liked was... nothing here needed welding.. some examples from bare metal.

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

Here also no need al original..

IMG_1042.JPG

No welding..

IMG_1061.JPG

One little spot weld around the end of window.. (not in this pic..)

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

no welds needed..

IMG_1236.JPG

a small weld was needed in the lower edge.

IMG_1240.JPG

Edited by Martzedcars

Here some pic's of the restauration of the front bumper (euro style!)  there were 15-20 very small dents in the chrome (rvs) part, but after 3 afternoons of hard work, hammering and polishing the chrome part and assembling it again it came out very nice..  (a hood of a 240z which needs new paintjob anyway is a good place to make some pictures on...)

20180311_150354.jpg

20180311_150359.jpg

20180311_150404.jpg

20180311_150411.jpg

20180311_150420.jpg

• 3 months later...

The painter is still busy..  meanwile i have a question, is there somebody that has a good set of dash meters, i'm refering to the 3 -meterset in the middle of the dash.. with the analog clock. shoot me a pm if you have one for sale with a pic and price, and condition it's in..  Thanks!  (It's for a 1979 280zx )

• 1 month later...