IGNORED

Brakes stuck

papabear

2 hours ago, SteveJ said:

5/16 fuel line is what I've used to replace most of the lines in my car. I may have used 1/4 from the fuel rail to the carburetors, but it's been so long that I don't remember. Don't forget the line between the float bowl and nozzle on the carburetors. http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic17a04/11-2541

Or Nissan parts department. 

1494533705215.jpg

Hi @papabear

Based on what you have written and the photos you have provided, it looks like you have a fantastic 240z. Would love to see more photos.

I personally love the look of the original paint on these cars, even if the original paint is flawed with many imperfections. And, Safari Gold is one of my 3 favorite 240z original colors.

Also, really consider doing what is absolutely necessary mechanically and then driving it a lot....before taking too much apart and making big changes. I speak from experience :rolleyes:.

I am guessing that the tires are many years old. A new set will transform the car compared to what it will drive like now.

Enjoy and congratulations!

• Like 1

EDIT: Oh yeah, the whole reason I posted was to say I think your original paint will shine like a new nickel and I love #920 Safari Gold, it's my favorite behind #918 Orange

I agree with Jonathan on the original paint, from what I can see of the pictures.  I found some touch up paint from amazon.com, talked to the guy and told him how old the car was and he sent me an almost exact match.

I washed mine a few times then did the touch ups and had it wheeled down.  The guy that cut the paint offered to buy the car for double what I paid. :)

The night I got it home

DSC00443.JPG

After a lot of elbow grease and soap

DSC00621 (2).JPG

After the wheeling and polishing by a pro

DSC01654.JPG

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 2

wow that looks beautiful.  Ive been out of town for a few weeks and will be getting back to the car.  Im hoping to try and get it started with my brother over memorial day.  Crossing my fingers..  Thank everyone for all the help.