IGNORED

Anti-glare dash paint

TomoHawk

7 minutes ago, TomoHawk said:

Please explain more about gloss and flat oil?

Not sure what you're getting at? Gloss is shiny flat isn't. Mixing them together gives different levels of sheen.

Latex is house paint, I wouldn't consider that for a dash it'll get soft when it's hot.  What about a bedliner type paint? I've read a bunch of people using that with good results.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have settled on the Rustoleum BBQ black paint, at least for this summer.  I was looking at the dash from the passenger side ( for a different viewpoint)  where it has more flatter areas, and I noticed that it has a nice, even sheen, with few 'hot spots' and was not too "black" which I think would make the cabin seem darker at bight.  I'll call it a medium black" compared to the carbon black color mentioned earlier in this thread.

I rubbed the paint with my hand to see if it left oily marks;  it didn't.  Rubbing with a paper napkin  did no damage, but I did see a small scratch, probably from tossing my hat or glasses on top.  I think it would appear normal for a classic, driven vehicle, unless you want perfection for show use.