IGNORED

A possible short in my 1976 280z(stop/hazards)

SeKcGamer

So after I completely took off all of the previous owners wire hacking and replaced the modded hazard switch with another one I had laying around, the hazards and the brakes worked regardless of the random wire that came from the positive terminal that also gave power to the rest of the other guages. So now I'm stuck because the "STOP" fuse blew and I replaced it right now and my hazards don't work still. Do you guys have a solution for me?.

IMG_2611.JPG

I also wanted to know how I could fix the rest of the guages since this black wire off of the positive battery post was giving the guages power. Image1492991156.237787.jpg

I wanted to at least fix the (stop/hazards) lights in order for me to be able to drive it to my auto mechanics and ask the teacher for some help for the other wiring problems, but now I have two problems again.

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

What are the chances that you could get the BE section of the factory service manual printed out on regular paper? It would help in giving you guidance.

I don't currently have a working printer. And you're only allowed to print out a certain amount of papers at school. I do have the wiring diagram on my iPad but i don't know if that helps.

So make it count. You don't have to print the whole section. Print the pages that show the circuit breakouts. That's only about 10 to 13 pages. Could one of your parents print it out? Maybe ask your shop teacher if he could print it out for you.

So make it count. You don't have to print the whole section. Print the pages that show the circuit breakouts. That's only about 10 to 13 pages. Could one of your parents print it out? Maybe ask your shop teacher if he could print it out for you.

My parents can't print it out, but I will ask my teacher tomorrow in class.

17 hours ago, SeKcGamer said:

So after I completely took off all of the previous owners wire hacking and replaced the modded hazard switch with another one I had laying around, the hazards and the brakes worked regardless of the random wire that came from the positive terminal that also gave power to the rest of the other guages. So now I'm stuck because the "STOP" fuse blew and I replaced it right now and my hazards don't work still./

Not really clear what you're trying to describe above.  You said the brakes worked. apparently you mean the brake lights?  Then the STOP fuse blew?  Did the "brakes" stop working then?  You said the hazards worked, but then you said they don't work "still".  They either worked then a fuse blew and they stopped working, which means there's a short somewhere, or you're describing two different things.

Not really clear what you're trying to describe above.  You said the brakes worked. apparently you mean the brake lights?  Then the STOP fuse blew?  Did the "brakes" stop working then?  You said the hazards worked, but then you said they don't work "still".  They either worked then a fuse blew and they stopped working, which means there's a short somewhere, or you're describing two different things.

I took it to my teacher today so he could get a look at it and the reason the brake lights/hazards weren't working was because the hazard relay was laying on this metal piece that was shortening it out, so he moved it and my brake/hazard lights work now and headlights. I have to bring it in tomorrow after school because my guages don't work nor do my turn signals, he also printed out a wiring diagram for it and saw that the hazard switch is the main key to those other components, in order for certain guages to work, according to the diagram.