IGNORED

only running on one carb HELP PLEASE

JeffMopar

On 3/31/2017 at 8:58 AM, siteunseen said:

Yes, without failing.  Ran one on my EFI too, no leaks at 32psi.  I recoated the tanks and wanted to see what was flowing through, no pink gas yet. :D  

I've never had a problem with those filters.

I'm running the same one too. Mine is about time to be cleaned. Is there something wrong with this design? I was curious what madkaw concern was?

27 minutes ago, JSM said:

I'm running the same one too. Mine is about time to be cleaned. Is there something wrong with this design? I was curious what madkaw concern was?

I think madkaw may have referring to the history of those cheap inline filters with fuel leaks.  Especially the Mr Gasket version.  Something to do with the glass edges not being finished properly & cutting the seals..   Dorman makes a version that does not have the same flaws.

Edited by S30Driver
spelling

1 minute ago, S30Driver said:

I think madkaw may have referring to the history of those cheap inline filters with fuel leaks.  Especially the Mr Gasket version.  Something to do with the glass edges no being finished properly & cutting the seals..   Dorman makes a version that does not have the same flaws.

Ah good to know. 

What happens when it's idling and you turn the idle adjustment screw on the rear carb ? Also, while idling, if look into the throats of both carbs can you see atomized spray of gas coming out of the nozzle in front carb but not rear carb ?

The glass filter I had for a while, Specter from pep boys, was on the suction side near the mechanical F.P. I kept seeing air bubbles in it. As experiment, put a piece of clear yellow Tygon tubing (not recommending Tygon, it gets soft when it heats up) in place of the glass filter, and no more bubbles. Guess the filter was sucking in air. Those filters have 8 places that can leak. Maybe some brands are better.  IIRC the package said don't use for fuel injection. Handy to see if the gas is clean though. Illegal for NHRA - no glass allowed in engine bay.

• 1 month later...

Had a problem like this  just remove the plastic between float bowl and btom of jet.

Make sure it is not blocked. stick a unfold paperclip in the tube under the float bowl

going inward the bowl it may be blocked.