IGNORED

Low miles, original paint 280z

grannyknot

Thanks,
I had offers after the auction, higher than my reserve which was 18.5K, but I want to wait to sell it to the right type of person, and make a decent profit so I can do another one.  I really didn't want it to go for 18.5K but BAT pushes for reduced reserves, and then you just hope they get blown past.  I am VERY glad I held the reserve higher than what BAT wanted, and it didn't just skim the reserve.  I can wait for the right new owner that will love this car. Two types of buyers for this car: An investor that would keep it for a few years, watch the value climb, and flip it (these are the guys that stop at 15K because they need ROI).  The other type of buyer, which is my target, would be someone passionate that REALLY wants a truly clean Z,  but wants one they could use for family fun, turn key, hassle free.

This car is like owning a new car. It will go on and on, with no issues, keeping a basic maintenance schedule.  I am too much of a driving enthusiast, and heavy tinkerer to keep this car long term, I won't be able to leave it stock.  Besides, all my bays are full, and I want to find/fix/build/sell more Z cars in the future. 

Yes the ad asks for 25,280 but you know what it cost's to buy a solid 280Z, a clean dash, original radios, brand new full interior, and have a car painted these days?  Try going out and finding new OEM body parts to fix one up, find clean OEM glass,  the glass trim, body seals, not to mention the rubber that surrounds these bumpers, and the time it takes to put it all together.  To all the naysayers, DO THE MATH.

Edited by cygnusx1
  • Like 2