Brake light not working - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Brake light not working

Featured Replies

My left side brake light is not working. Good bulbs, good fuse, like new bulb harness. The parking light works on that side as does the turn signal, but no brake light. My car is a 73 240Z.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

It would be unusual for there to be an issue with the turn signal after Dave reconditioned it, but it is not impossible. The turn signal is the point where the brake light circuit and turn signal circuit meet that could cause the issue that you describe. 

Fortunately a meter and knowledge of the circuits can give us a more definitive answer.

  • Author
It would be unusual for there to be an issue with the turn signal after Dave reconditioned it, but it is not impossible. The turn signal is the point where the brake light circuit and turn signal circuit meet that could cause the issue that you describe. 
Fortunately a meter and knowledge of the circuits can give us a more definitive answer.

I will check next time I'm off work. I work 3rd


Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

@nahurry

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering what color your car was because I saw a Z the other day on the south end of Woodruff rd but it was orangish...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.