IGNORED

Correct voltage across coil ?

Stanley

Checked the dwell with the digital timing light a couple weeks ago, dwell was 35 deg which is about where I set it two years ago when I put new point, cap, rotor, and condenser. Will check it again though to make sure I had the light set for six cylinders. Didn't have the instructions in front of me and it's more complicated than the old light. Does more stuff, though. Need a microscope to read the instructions. Looked at the points cap and rotor with magnifying glass, points looked perfect which surprised me. Saw corrosion on cap and rotor. Cleaned them with Deoxit and bought new ones, installed the rotor, haven't put the new cap yet. Car ran crappy yesterday, might run great today.

Bought a condenser for it, can't find it, will get another one.  Found a bunch of corrosion in the socket in the coil for the wire to the cap and cleaned in, might be corrosion in the cap too. Will check or replace the cap tomorrow if it's not raining.